One of KEIKEN's ongoing R&D developments is to improve the technologies used of today's mills with a clear objective: OBTAINING ADDITIONAL WATER FOR IRRIGATION AND REDUCING ENERGY COSTS, ACHIEVING AN INCREASE IN OLIVE PRODUCTION AND A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION OF ELECTRIC COSTS. A partial solution has been implemented in several Andalusian cooperatives with great success. Especially in the part of energy use, but you can go much further, if taking advantage of the excess heat of that process, we can obtain additional irrigation water that increases the production of olive and therefore oil. Also, being a modular and personalized solution, it can be adapted to each mill and its needs.
What is the technological proposal to achieve the objectives set?
By studying the current situation of most mills, the points to be improved are the efficiency and recycling of available resources.
There are two main focuses of current benefits:
• Sale of Olive oil • Sale of the olive bone
And a focus of spending to reducer:
• The electrical energy needed in the operation of the Mill, being external and needing to pay for it.
Once the profit gaps are listed and one of spending that can be reduced, the potential pockets that are valuable, i.e. existing resources to take advantage of:
• Remains of olive grove pruning as a combustible potential • The cleaning water, since it is not possible to take advantage of this water that would be perfectly recycled, increasing the water available for irrigation.
Once the current situation is known, there are some technological improvements to be carried out:
• Implementing a system for the energy use of the pruning remains of the olive grove to obtain electrical energy and thermal energy that can be used in the production process itself, and, in in the case of generating electricity surpluses, proceed ingesting that waste electricity, becoming another source of income.
• Implementation of a water purification process to obtain recycled/regenerated water from waste heat recovery. Recycling the discharge of dirty water and increasing irrigation: The Almazaras have a restriction of water use per m2, water being a limiting factor of olive production. This regenerated water increases the amount of water available for irrigation, positively impacting the production of olive and oil in the mill.
How do you reduce costs and increase production?
Mainly it is due to the two proposed technologies: Energy Use and Water Recycling. On the one hand, the energy costs of the mill are reduced, as they are obtained from a renewable and available source. On the other hand, with this energy, heat treatment of the water is achieved and the amount of water available to improve the production of the mill is increased.
It is considered a very efficient, cost-effective and sustainable process, as it promotes renewable energy, is a good example of a circular economy and does not waste a single drop of water.
At KEIKEN we have our experience and versatility to offer the best service and ensure the appropriate implementation of the most innovative and efficient technologies in the market to optimize the operation and competitiveness of your business. We join the expert company in plants to use Biomass, BIOLIZA, with presence in Andalusia and with several success stories in energy use.
As in the case of mills, we provide water security to your business with renewable energy-powered technologies and ensure its sustainability, while significantly improving the plant's efficiency and production.
It should be noted that these proposed technologies do not intervene or alter the manufacturing processes of olive oil or any of the processes carried out in the mill, always maintaining its excellent quality.
Para solicitar nuestros servicios de Tratamiento de Agua o más información, pueden contactar por email en firstname.lastname@example.org.