Efficient desalination of seawater is the need of the hour. For industries, people and the world. Earth has more than 80% of water in the form of seawater. But it is not ideal for human use due to salination. Humans cannot drink that water nor industries can use it for production. But it can be desalinated to create clean water.
Desalination can solve a lot of water related problems. It can supply clean water for drinking in places where it is unavailable. It can provide water supply to industries situated in places where clean water is not available or is insufficient. But, the process of desalination is often criticized for being expensive and damaging to the environment. Which is why companies like us are trying to provide green desalination of water.
We employ a wide range of desalination process to treat the seawater and create cleaner and portable water.
What is Desalination of Water?
Desalination is a method of removing salts, and other matters form water to make it suitable for drinking. It is now widely used for industrial water purification methods. Its effectiveness plus reduced cost has made it an ideal choice. The process is done using membranes, which includes reverse osmosis and nanofiltration. And, another method is thermal processes, which includes multi effect distillation, evaporation and crystallization.
In recent years, efficient desalination of seawater has become created a paradigm shift. It has gone through changes and integrated methods that ensure a safer and sustainable results. The biggest concern was always the environment and the use of non-renewable energy.
But with the solution providers like Keiken Engineering, desalination has become a green solution with little environmental effects. The importance of use of resources that are renewablegrew in demand as energy consumption was the biggest concern in this method. Thanks to the latest technology, desalination can now be performed with reduced cost and energy consumption.
Methods of Desalination
When it comes to desalination process, there are many ways to do it. Depending on the size of the project and end results, industries can choose from various methods. A Green desalination solution has become the new norm now to ensurethat the method has little or no environmental effects.
Here are some of the ways we ensure green and efficient desalination of seawater:
• Adsorption Desalination (AD) This process is highly efficient and cost-effective method of converting saline water into portable water. It is widely used by industries to convert seawater or brackish water into drinkable water. It is a green desalination process and a perfect alternative to more expensive thermal methods like the MSF and MED. The best part of this feature is that it combines the features of renewable source of energy with advanced desalination technology. This helps in reducing theenergy consumption which makes it an efficient as well as cost-effective solution.
• Membrane Distillation (MD) Membrane distillation or MD is another green desalination process that relies on the method of vapor pressure gradient. It is created on both sides of the filtering membrane and it helps in separating thevolatile matter from non-volatile matter. The resultant water is of higher quality.
There are many reasons why it is considered as one of the best methods. The process is capable of removing 100% of the solids and non-volatile matter.The material used for filtration helps in reducing the cost considerably. Not just that, the use of renewable energies ensures further reduction in the coat.
• Reverse Osmosis Desalination (RO) Reverse Osmosis is one of the best ways to purify water with 100% removal of the volatile matter and other contaminants. It is based on the semi-permeable membrane’s technology. It offers selective permeable barrier which allows the water to pass through it and absorb the substances like salts and solids.
RO is widely used technology of water purification. It is used at homes for water purification, for irrigation and processing water in many industries. It is highly effective method that shows amazing results. Plus, it is a green water treatment solution that also offers reduced cost. It is ideal for industries looking for easy, affordable and efficient desalination of water.
• Multi-Effect Distillation (MED) The multi-effect evaporation (MED) is an efficient as well as a cost-effective method of water filtration. This method of desalination relies on evaporation of water through in multiple stages under different temperature and pressure conditions. One of the biggest advantages of this method is that it requires less energy consumption than other methods. Use of renewable source of energy also makes it highly efficient, cost-effective and highly effective method of water treatment.
Also Read: Reverse Osmosis – One of the Best Methods for Efficient Desalination of Seawater
• Direct Osmosis Plants (FO) This method uses the osmotic pressure gradient to initiate diffusion of water through a semipermeable membranefrom a low concentration to higher concentration. It is a natural process where high pressure is applied to keep the energy cost low. It is considered as one of the best methods of desalination.
The Bottom-line Desalination process offers industries with one of the best ways to purify sea or brackish water for industrial use. It includes a wide range of processes like Adsorption Desalination (AD), the Membrane Distillation (MD), Reverse Osmosis Desalination (RO), Multi-Effect Distillation (MED) and Multi-Stage Flash Distillation (MSF) and Direct Osmosis Plants (FO). It is a low-cost, and green water treatment solution ideal for all types of industrial application.
Keiken Engineering specializes in providing industries with the best water treatment solution sing the best methods. We strive to provide a cost-effective solution that you can trust. We have been providing high-quality, low-cost and green solution to industries from the water treatment and supply industries. We can customize the solution to meet your specific needs. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at +34 91 057 72 54.