Detailing the various aspects of energy efficiency for industry
With the depleting natural resources, coupled with stringent environmental laws imposed by the government, the need for energy efficiency for industry is higher than ever before.
While a lot may argue that the industries have not taken appropriate steps, the efforts still fall far behind. However, on the other hand, small ventures fail to provide concrete results on account of small scale operations and the focus on the manufacturing process and the cost of production.
However, the lack of effort is not only limited to smaller businesses alone. As per the latest reports from the U.K. government, there exist severe flaws in the larger enterprises as well.
Here is what they found
• There is insufficient awareness in the senior management levels as well. The notable higher authorities are unaware of the cause and the effect. Most enterprises even know about alternate solutions and hence failed to provide the required solutions.
• On the other hand, these “big shots” are indifferent to the alternatives and their cost-saving features. This thus costs them a combines value of 2 billion euros.
However, discussions about these studies have been promoting the spread of energy efficiency for industry, and companies like Keiken Engineering have been providing better solutions to companies all across the globe.
Exploring the Unknown Benefits of Energy Efficiency
Industrial energy efficiencies have a ton of other advantages. However, most analysts gauge the impact on cost-saving techniques and the lower greenhouse gas reduction.
Some of the significant indirect advantages of the industry include the following benefits.
• Job and wealth creation
• Compliance cost avoidance
• Operation and maintenance savings
• Increase in competitiveness
• Capital cost avoidance
… and so on.
No matter what kind of manufacturing company it is, several things come into play. A company can avail all these services only if it decides to hire some of the best consultants in the industry.
The Opportunities from a Wider Lens
The opportunities in energy efficiency in the industry are not limited to the minute savings and better cost savings. The bigger picture entails better opportunities.
Here are some of them.
• An active and dynamic energy management system, if used actively, will enable companies to tap the maximum of the source of energy. To add on top of it, these systems should work in tandem with the existing systems to monitor and measure progress in the entire process. This will reduce the energy bills exponentially.
• A 7% average – Regular energy audits offer streamlined solutions and help companies reach sustainable energy goals by modifying the energy infrastructure and hence plays a crucial role.
• The rise of data analysis and the age of big data is what will drive growth all across the globe. The usage of both technologies is not unknown to the companies as well. Hence, companies have been working hard to leverage the power of the data to draw insights from various parts of the industry and thus derive meaningful conclusions from implementing.
• Creating an Energy Culture – The energy-saving schemes are not related to one particular department in the company. Different teams need to work together to achieve the energy efficiency for industry. This can reduce costs by 10%-15%.
Capital cost avoidance
… and so on.
Identifying the Weak Points
The next essential step in the process is to identify the weak points that cannot be ignored. From the leakage in the systems to outdated machinery, there can be a ton of factors that might be affecting the energy efficiency of your company.
This can lead to severe challenges like inefficiency and wastage of money. If such a scenario exists, make sure to call a significant company that comes with years of experience. Companies like Keiken Engineering have been leading the way and hence could not be ignored at all costs.
A thorough audit would reveal a ton of factors, fixing which a lot many advantages can be achieved.
The State Of The Art Solutions
Optimization of the existing machinery practices can be achieved by the use of the latest industrial software and hardware. On the other hand, here are some of the solutions that are celebrated by consumers all across the globe.
Some of the significant solutions followed by the house include
• Assessment of needs – instrumentation and control
• Process modification
• Minimizing pressure and temperature losses.
• Maintaining energy efficiency standards
• Selecting efficient equipment like pumps, motors, and drivers.
If these processes are followed right, the rest is smooth sailing. However, the complete range of solutions is not limited to it. The in-house experts entail a comprehensive plan of action to make sure that no single element is left out.
Achieving Industrial Energy Efficiency
No matter where do you live, the primary reason for energy wastage is often a result of poor process control. However, with the right methodologies and a thorough energy audit, the process could reduce by almost 15%.
Despite the stress on the process utilities, the fundamental step that accounts for most of the problems is the compressor costs. A simple leak can pump out all the air, and that’s why leak tests play such a crucial role.
On the other hand, there is an innovation in the leak detection technique as well and hence could not be ignored at all costs. Modern-day solutions can be used for other purposes as well. Here are some of the processes that use these advanced machineries.
• Managing industrial gases.
• Minimizing cooling water flow
• Cooling water to appropriate temperatures
Other major components include motors and drivers. These elements facilitate momentum in savings and hence are a massive hit across the globe. For example, most companies have turned to the variable speed drive or VSD on the motor to control electrical supply. This has a major impact on the energy consumption rates and the longevity of the products.
As per an estimate, the VSD can decrease the bills up to 50! The increasing use of automatic sensors and timers to control the pumps and manage the operations has been a great hit as well and hence could not be ignored at all costs.
The next item on the list is the boiler and steam management. These devices can save as much as 30% of the energy and hence has been adopted by the industries quite easily.
Some of the major factors to focus on include improving heat recovery and enhancing the maintenance of the device. This can elongate the life expectancy of the item by a considerable amount.
However, a lot of the steam can be reduced on account of leaks. If such a scenario exists, the companies should use best practices to detect leaks and repair them accordingly.
One can also enhance their efficiency through the effective use of the furnace. To attain this, first, check how much energy is consumed and drained in the process.
The Best Practices for Your Needs
The diverse range of solutions differ on various parameters and hence needs special attention. However, here are some of the simple steps that one can leverage the gain maximum.
• Thermal Energy Storage
• Turbine Inlet Air Cooling
• Industrial Refrigeration
• District Cooling
• Compression and Absorption Systems
The world of industries is enormous, while a simple leak or any other inefficiency can destroy the entire process and hence requires special attention. It is the companies like Keiken Engineering that help large scale manufacturing industries and therefore, could not be ignored at all costs. Their approach to energy efficiency for industry represents a set of unique tricks and materials and hence could not be ignored at all costs.
Want to have an energy audit for your company? Find us online as Keiken Engineering or give us a call at +34 91 057 72 54.